150g Profusion Red Lentil Fusilli
3 tbsp pine nuts
3 tbsp vegan unsalted butter
280g chanterelle mushrooms, cleaned and dried
⅛ tsp black pepper
⅛ tsp dried red pepper flakes
1 slice of Profusion Protein Bread, toasted and blended
1 tbsp fresh chives
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp dried oregano
- Add the fusilli to salted water and boil according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the pine nuts, blended protein breadcrumbs, oregano and garlic, and fry for 5-7 minutes, continuously shaking the pan and stirring, until golden brown. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Return the pan to the hob and adjust the heat to medium-high. Melt the butter in the pan, then add the mushrooms and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes, or until browned and soft.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan. Toss well and season with black pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with the toasted pine nuts, breadcrumbs and chives. Serve and enjoy!