½ leek, sliced
½ onion, finely diced
1 clove garlic
3 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1 small jar of passata
200g Profusion Yellow Lentil Lasagne
Fresh parsley, to serve
Grated plant-based parmesan, to serve
1) Fill a saucepan with boiling water and place on a medium heat. Add the lasagne sheets and cook for 3 minutes, until slightly softened.
2) Carefully remove the lasagne sheets from the pan using a fork and slice into thick strips. Gently place the strips back into the water and boil for a further 4 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
3) Add 1 tbsp olive oil, the leek and onion to a saucepan and fry for 5 minutes over a medium-low heat and cook over medium-low heat. Add the carrots and cook for a further 5 minutes, until lightly browned.
4) Add the tomato sauce and stir for 2-3 minutes.
5) Add the mixture to a food processor and blend until smooth.
6) Add the remaining oil to the saucepan and lightly brown the garlic. Let it cook for 3 minutes before adding the cooked pasta, letting the pasta absorb the flavours.
Add the carrot sauce to the pan and mix well with the other ingredients over a medium heat for about 1 minute or until warmed through.
7) Sprinkle over the parsley and parmesan, serve and enjoy as a delicious and protein-packed mid-week meal!