50g cashew butter
2 tbsp coconut oil
85g coconut palm syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
80g vegan chocolate protein powder
60g rolled oats
1 tbsp chia seeds
3 tbsp agave syrup
For the topping:
3 tbsp dairy free chocolate chips
1 tsp coconut oil
- Heat the cashew butter, coconut oil, coconut palm syrup, vanilla extract and agave syrup in a saucepan over a low heat, stirring continuously until well combined.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the protein powder until smooth, then fold in the oats and chia seeds. Place the mixture in an 8×4 inch loaf tin lined with parchment paper.
- Add the chocolate chips and coconut oil to a small saucepan and place over a low heat until melted. Drizzle over the tops of the mixture in the loaf tin, and spread to cover completely.
- Place in the fridge for 1 hour before removing from the loaf tin and topping with a generous sprinkle of the Himalayan salt. Slice into 10 squares, and then store the bars in the fridge; keep tightly wrapped or in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Enjoy as a pre or post-workout snack for a boost of high protein energy!