125g Profusion Pea & Fava Protein Chunks
1 litre cold water
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
300g paella rice or short grain rice
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 vegetable stock cube, made up to 900ml
1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
150g runner beans, sliced on an angle
1 red pepper, roughly chopped
210g chickpeas, drained
1 lemon, juiced
Handful parsley, roughly chopped
70g green pitted olives, sliced
1) Empty the protein chunks into 1 litre of cold water, along with a sprinkle of salt. Set aside for 10 minutes to rehydrate.
2) Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes, until softened.
3) Stir in the rice, chilli flakes and paprika, cook for a further minute, then add the stock and tomatoes. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4) Add the runner beans, pepper, protein chunks and chickpeas, and cook for another 10 minutes. Pour over the lemon juice and scatter with the parsley and green olives.
5) Serve with some extra lemon wedges on the side to squeeze over. A quick and easy midweek meal that’s packed with protein!