2 x 125g packets Profusion Pea & Fava Protein Chunks
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
For the teriyaki sauce:
5 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp maple syrup
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp mirin
3 tbsp water
1 tbsp cornstarch
300g broccoli, cut into 1.5 inch florets
280g brown rice
1 tbsp sesame seeds
Spring onions, sliced (to taste)
Fresh red chilli, sliced (to taste)
- Empty the protein chunks into 1 litre of cold water, along with 1 tsp salt. Set aside for 10 minutes to rehydrate.
- To make the teriyaki sauce, add all ingredients to a jar, seal and shake. Set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a 12-inch non-stick pan and place over a medium heat. Add the broccoli, and cook for 7 minutes or until bright green and slightly tender. Transfer to a clean plate.
- Add another 1 tbsp olive oil to the pan. Add the protein chunks, and cook for around 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, put the brown rice on to boil according to package instructions.
- Shake the teriyaki sauce again, then pour evenly over the protein chunks. Stir with a spatula, and simmer for 1-2 minutes, until bubbling and thickened.
- Serve the teriyaki protein chunks with the broccoli over brown rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, sliced red chilli and sliced spring onions.