2 tbsp vegan butter
1 pack of Profusion Pea & Fava Protein Chunks
1 litre cold water
1 large onion, diced
1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp garam masala
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp ground coriander
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
3 tsp salt
85g tomato paste
400ml coconut milk
Fresh coriander, to serve
For the cauliflower rice
1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
Handful of chopped coriander
Cumin seeds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200/180C fan and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Empty the protein chunks into 1 litre of cold water, along with 1 tsp salt. Set aside for 10 minutes to rehydrate.
- Once rehydrated, drain the protein chunks and place them in a mixing bowl with the olive oil, corn starch and 1 tsp salt. Stir gently to coat. Arrange the protein chunks evenly on the prepared baking tray and bake for 20 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- While the protein chunks bake, prepare the sauce: Melt the vegan butter in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Sauté the onion for 3-4 minutes in the butter, then add the ginger and garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add the spices, 1 tsp salt, tomato paste and coconut milk. Stir until smooth and combined, then simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove the protein chunks from the oven and add them to the sauce. Stir to coat.
- To make the cauliflower rice, pulse the ingredients in a food processor. Add to a heatproof bowl, cover with cling film, pierce and microwave for 7 minutes on high. Alternatively, add the cauliflower rice to a saucepan, and place over a low heat. Cover with a lid so the cauliflower steams and becomes more tender. Cook for a total of 5-8 minutes, then remove from the pan.
- Serve the butter ‘chicken’ curry over the cauliflower rice with a sprinkle of fresh coriander. There’s a reason this dish is so popular! Enjoy!