GLUTEN FREE SHORTBREAD:
65g Vegan Butter, melted (or coconut oil)
130g Almond Flour
3 tbsp Profusion Organic Vita Flax
1/4 cup Dessiccated Coconut
Medjool Dates, pitted (about 12)
2 tbsp Profusion Organic Hemp Peanut Butter
3 tbsp Almond Milk
2 tbsp Coconut Oil
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
large pinch Profusion Organic Pink Himalayan Salt, to taste
35g Almond milk
35g Raw cacao powder
2 tbsp Coconut oil
½ tsp Vanilla extract
2 tbsp Maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Pit the dates and steep them in warm water for 10 minutes.
2. Mix the gluten free shortbread ingredients in a food processor until thoroughly combined and you reach a “doughy” consistency.
3. Line a 7″ x 7″ square baking pan with parchment paper and spread the shortbread mixture into the pan evenly. Once oven is preheated, bake the shortbread for 15-17 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
4. While the shortbread base bakes, add the date caramel ingredients into a food processor and mix until well combined and you reach a “paste” consistency.
5. Once shortbread is done baking, spread the date caramel in an even layer over the shortbread.
6. For the chocolate layer, melt coconut oil over low heat in a small saucepan. Stir in milk and agave until combined. Whisk in the raw cacao until well combined and smooth. Remove pan from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
7. Pour chocolate layer over the caramel layer and spread evenly. Put the vegan caramel slice in the freezer for 30 minutes to let set and harden. Once set, remove from freezer, cut, and enjoy!