- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Add the protein chunks to water according to packet instructions, and leave to rehydrate for 10 minutes.
- Break the cauliflower into florets and cut the stalk into small pieces, then add both to a pan with the stock, garlic and 2 tbsp of olive oil. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the cauliflower and garlic are very soft.
- Once the protein chunks are rehydrated, add them to a pan on a medium heat with 1 tbsp olive oil and fry until golden brown. In another pan, boil the peas according to packet instructions. Once both are cooked, set aside.
- Scoop the cauliflower and garlic out of the pan, and add to a blender to form a sauce. Blitz, adding enough cooking liquid to give the sauce the texture of double cream.
- Pour back into the pan, stir through the cooked protein chunks and peas, and season with salt and white pepper.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain, then toss with the cauliflower sauce and protein chunks. Sprinkle with pine nuts and serve.
Search our site