For the sweet potato top:
450g organic sweet potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped into chunks
30g coconut oil
¼ tsp sea salt
For the filling:
15g coconut oil
55g onion, diced
6g garlic, minced
300g Profusion Organic Pea & Fava Protein mince
1L vegetable stock
2 tsp fresh thyme
200g mixed frozen vegetables
For the mushrooms
150g mushrooms, sliced
60ml balsamic vinegar
15ml melted coconut oil or avocado oil (sub water if avoiding oil)
1 pinch each sea salt and black pepper
3g garlic, minced
- Place sweet potatoes in a large pot and fill with water until they’re just covered. Bring to a boil over high heat. Then reduce to medium-high heat and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Once cooked, drain and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Use a masher or fork to mash until smooth. Add coconut oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Loosely cover and set aside.
- While potatoes are cooking, preheat the oven to 220°C (200°C fan) and lightly grease a baking dish
- Add the mushrooms to a shallow dish and top with balsamic vinegar, oil,, salt, pepper, and garlic. Toss to combine and let marinate for 5 minutes.
- Next heat a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add oil, onions, and garlic and sauté until lightly browned and caramelized.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Then add Protein Mince, vegetable broth, thyme and stir. Bring to a low boil and then reduce heat to simmer. Continue cooking for about 15-20 minutes.
- While the Mince cooks, heat a large pan over medium heat. Once hot, add oil and the mushrooms with their marinade. Spread into an even layer and cook for 2-3 minutes. Turn the mushrooms and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the last 10 minutes of cooking the Mince, add the frozen veggies, stir, and cover to meld the flavors together. Drain off any extra vegetable stock if there is any.
- Transfer the Mince mixture to your oven-safe baking dish and top with mushrooms then mashed sweet potatoes. Smooth down with a spoon or fork and season with another crack of pepper and a little sea salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are lightly browned on top and the edges are bubbling.
- Let cool briefly before serving. Enjoy!