4 wholemeal wraps
For the filling:
2 orange or yellow peppers, deseeded and sliced
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
2 garlic cloves, finely grated
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
2 x 400g cans black beans
For the sauce:
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 bay leaf
¼ tsp habanero chilli flakes (optional)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp water
For the guacamole:
1 small red onion, finely chopped
2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
15g coriander, roughly chopped
2 avocados, peeled, stoned and mashed
2 tbsp lime juice
Vegan sour cream
Vegan grated cheese
- Rehydrate the protein chunks according to package instructions.
- Add the oil, then the peppers to a large non-stick pan over a medium heat. Cover and cook for 10 mins, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and spices, and then add the rehydrated protein chunks and stir for 2 more minutes.
- Drain one of the cans of black beans and tip in the beans, then add the other can of beans along with the liquid from the can.
- Cook for a few minutes, stirring until the mixture has reduced. Whilst stirring, squash the beans with the back of a wooden spoon to thicken the mixture further.
- To make the sauce, tip the passata and chopped tomatoes into a small pan with the bay leaf, chilli flakes (if using), garlic and 2 tbsp water, then cover and simmer over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- For the guacamole, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Spoon a quarter of the bean mixture down the middle of one of the wholemeal wraps, then roll up and lay in a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Repeat with the other wraps, arranging them in a line. Spoon the tomato sauce over the wraps in the dish, then sprinkle with some vegan cheese and cover with foil. Bake for 15 minutes, then uncover and bake for 5 minutes more until the tops of the wraps are crisp at the edges.
- Remove from the oven and spoon the guacamole over the top, along with some vegan sour cream and fresh coriander.