- In a food processor, pulse the cashews and coconut for 10 seconds. Add the coconut cream, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, red food colouring and salt and continue processing until a dough forms. You should be able to pinch between your fingers without it crumbling.
- Refrigerate or freeze the filling for about 20 minutes. This is optional, but it makes it much easier to form the egg shape.
- Using an ice cream scoop, portion out the filling into evenly-sized balls (about 2 tbsp each). Using your hands, roll into a ball, then flatten slightly and elongate the ends to form into oval egg shape.
- Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring well between each interval, and then stir in the coconut oil.
- Using a fork, dip each egg into the chocolate. Let the excess chocolate drip off, then transfer back to the parchment paper. Let the chocolate harden for a few minutes, then drizzle each egg with more chocolate.
- Top each egg with salt and transfer to the fridge to harden for 10-15 minutes.
Search our site