1 onion, diced
Bunch of fresh mint
Bunch of fresh coriander
Knob of ginger, sliced
2 tsp lemongrass paste
1 clove of garlic, sliced
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
400g basmati rice, cooked
1 red chilli
1 spring onion, sliced
2 baby gem lettuce
- Rehydrate the protein mince as per the pack instructions.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and add the mince. Allow this to cook until crispy, stirring occasionally, then remove from the pan into a separate bowl.
- Pour some more oil into the pan and add the onion. Separate the mint and coriander leaves from their stalks and make sure to save the leaves for later.
- Chop up the stalks and add them to the pan along with the ginger and lemongrass paste. Stir roughly, then grate in the zest of half a lime and scatter in the garlic.
- Add the mince to the pan along with the juice of the lime, and a generous drizzle of olive oil. Stir until everything is mixed together completely, then add the cooked rice, mint and coriander leaves, and chilli. Stir and add the soy sauce, then remove the larb from the heat.
- Top each lettuce leaf with a heaped spoonful of the mixture, then drizzle with lime juice and scatter over more red chilli and coriander leaves to serve. Season with salt and pepper to taste.